Joint Operational Programme “BLACK SEA BASIN 2007-2013”
Title of the joint Action:
A Scientific Network for Earthquake, Landslide and Flood Hazard Prevention - SciNetNatHazPrev
Duration: 24 months
Star date of project: 2013
Applicant (Beneficiary): Technological Education Institute of Serres, Greece
Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
Earthquake Planning and Protection Organization EPPO, Greece
Burgas Assen Zlatarov University, Bulgaria
Ovidius University Of Constanta, Romania
Ghitu Institute of Electronic Engineering and Nanotechnologies of Academy of Sciences of Moldova
Ukranian Environmental Academy of Science, Black Sea Branch, Odessa, Ukraine
Contact person (Moldavian Group): dr. Zasavitchi Efim, tel. +373 22 737197,
The overall objective of the joint Action:
The global objective is to achieve a strong regional partnership and cooperation by the Development of a Scientific Network for the establishment a scientific consensus, in order to setup common strategies and natural hazard prevention methods. The Scientific Network members will work together sharing competencies and resources to address earthquake, landslide and flood hazards which does have Trans - boundary consequences both on the economy and on the environment.
- Setup common terminology, methodologies and strategies for ELFH prevention.
- Built a WebGIS platform will support decision making and will also provide data and information to the scientific community interested in Earthquake, Landslide and Flood Hazards (ELFH), thus promoting research and innovation regarding natural hazard’s prevention and preparedness in the Black Sea area.
- Implement finally selected (developed or adapted) methodologies to assess hazards on a regional scale and on local scale in selected locations.
- Provide training with open seminars and workshops.
Policy makers, local authorities, scientific community
Academic Community, Public Authorities
- Cross boundary cooperation in preventingELFH,
- Cross border know-how and expertise transfer.
- Data, methodologies and strategies usedharmonization,
- A WebGIS platform with a geodatabase thatwill be freely accessed,